View Single Post
Old September 10th, 2006, 18:09   #18
Lokes's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Saint John, NB
Originally Posted by Kurgan
After a bit of research and speaking with the Provincial Government reps at Natural Resources, I've found out that we (only applies to New Brunswick) can use crown land for gaming. The only provisions are,
1. Carry out everything brought on site, garbabe, septic waste, waste water...etc. Users must leave the site in the same condition as it was prior to their arrival.
2. Park vehicles in a manner that does not block a roadway, trail or access to a watercourse.
3. Obey all restricitons, postings and closures.
4. Comply with all existing legislation.

As a matter of courtesy, we should consult the local Rangers office as to our location of the game(s) to ensure we are not playing in any sensitive areas, near any commercial wood harvesting operations, or on anyone's "leased" crown lands.

In short, check with the Natural Resources office in your area to see if they know of areas you should not be in.

This only applies to The Province of New Brunswick players. I encourage other provinces to check with your Provincial government to see what if any restrictions are in place with regards to accessing crown land. Most crown land is owned by the Federal Government and administered by the Provincial Goverments.

Good luck.
This is excellent news for some of us, and regardless of whether you are on private or crown land, no matter how far out in the boonies you think you are, keeping the county Ranger office informed is always an excellent idea and only takes a simple phone call. This helps us establish a relationship with our local authorities so they might look towards our best interests when something DOES happen that could affect us as a community.
Lokes is offline   Reply With Quote