View Single Post
Old May 12th, 2006, 14:07   #5
Black_Orchid

Quote:
Originally Posted by VipaMave
Is it too much trouble for a person to take some time out of their day to get age verified?
Quote:
The only problem I could see is if a person lived in some remote location to the north (Say, Nunavut?)
You just answered your own question. Not everyone lives near someone who can verify them. That means either waiting for one to come to them or making a loooong trip out to meet someone...which doesn't always happen right away.

Quote:
Then an exception for identification could be made (Fax, Scanned image, or even web camera would do).
Just curious how exactly you'd make sure that the person on the scanned image or webcam is over 18?

Quote:
Thats as good as saying we should leave the AEG buy/sell forums open to all.
It's up to the seller to enforce the bylaw.
I think you're missing what SINN is saying...many retailers sell more than just AEG's. What if someone just wants to buy a holster or a boonie? Not only would you be preventing that person from searching for what they need or want to buy, but you'd be taking away potential business from the retailer. If I were a retailer, that wouldn't exactly make me happy. You'd need permission from all the retailers before doing any of this.

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Mark Twain