View Single Post
Old March 30th, 2006, 20:43   #3
Send a message via MSN to Goldman
Originally Posted by The Saint
I thought the general convention is to edit rather than repost (to prevent clutter, mostly), and rely on good faith that no one would mess with their own post after an agreement has been made. I assume the forum software keeps track of post changes, so old pre-edits can be looked up. If I'm really concerned, I also make sure to repeat the pricing and condition in my PMs to the buyer/seller and keep records thata way. Considering the few trouble we've had with the buy and sell section, IIRC, none of them seem to involve a poorly timed post edit.

Back when I was trying to sell my CA36's stock, I'd have felt a little silly making a new post everytime I went to a game with it. :lol:
"Item has been to one game."

"Item has been to two games."

"Item has been to three games."
That is because you would be updating with useless information. I'm talking about changes to a package, price drops etc.

I would argue that one cannot rely on others "good will" to not edit posts, or change things given the higher volume of scamming that has gone on in the past 6 months.

Also if I'm not mistaken the site does not, nor does it have a way to log post edits, other than stating "This post has been edited X times. It was last edited on XXX XX XXX XXXX".
Maybe you'll find someone else to help you. Maybe black mesa... THAT WAS A JOKE, ha ha, fat chance.

My Buy/Sell 1337ness rating
Goldman is offline   Reply With Quote