View Single Post
Old March 29th, 2006, 16:41   #25
Send a message via MSN to thephenom
Originally Posted by nizfiz
I can understand asking for age verification on this forum and msot retailers. However, if some kids under 18 have AEGs that's none of your business as long as they didn't do it by lying. You can try to make it difficult but you can't take the law into your own hands and prevent kids from owning AEGs. What are the laws on ownership? I know in some parts of the US you have to be atleast 14 or 16 in other places but you can't stop me or some other teen from owning an airsoft gun.
I agree with fluffy (for obvious reasons) that you shouldn't push kids away where they'll do something dumb. Give them a place practice it safely.
If the kids decide to do something dumb, then it further enforce the idea that airsoft isn't for kids. If kids can't act and think in a mature sense, then they shouldn't be allowed to buy an airsoft, much like the reasoning why they can't drive, drink, or gamble.

Yes, a few of the younger age kids who behave very maturely will get punished, but those are still relatively small in percentage.

With that said, I think retailers do have a responsibility to not to sell to kids. Just think in the long run, some 12 yrs old kids who does something stupid with his AEG will probably lead to a complete ban of airsoft.