View Single Post
Old February 21st, 2006, 09:53   #51
Send a message via MSN to Goldman

Have you read many of the instaces on the 2nd page?

1. On January 2, 2003, in Brooklyn, New York, police shot and killed a 17-year-old, Allen Newsome, after he pulled a pellet gun on a detective dressed as a delivery man.

On March 31, 2000, in Brooklyn, New York, two teenagers, 19-year old Tysheen Bourne and 17-year old Andre Fields, were fatally shot by two undercover Narcotics detectives while brandishing toy handguns.

On November 10, 1999, in Monterey Park, California, a 13-year old boy was shot twice on his upper left arm by an undercover cop, because the boy had a toy gun resembling a real gun.
The majority of incidents listed on that fact sheet involve adults. And the ones that are pertinent to this argument don't have any information about circumstances surrounding the incident. Of the 42 incidents logged on that page, none occured in Canada, and a numer of them seemed pretty odd, which makes me wonder why exactly there aren't fuller explanations for each ones. eg:

In 1983, a 5-year old boy was shot and killed at his home, by an Orange County Police Officer because he was holding a toy gun.
That fact sheet is provided by a group who's purpose is to get rid of toy guns. When I say stats, I mean if someone who has paid for a subscrip to Stats Can, could dig up the stats for Police shootings involving toy or replica guns.

The incident of the boy in Florida has been discussed to death. The kid wanted to die, he intentionally suicided by cop.

Also, I am not saying we should be selling toy guns to minors, I'm specifically looking at how retarded it is to ban toy guns, which are often 1/3rd scale of real ones, so kids can hold the damn things, from being ban. Society is becoming so safe and sterile now that ANY kind of behaviour that isn't featured on Everybody Loves Raymond should be outlawed and prevented. Honestly I also see this as a step twoards bills like the birtish VCR bill, that if i'm not mistaken, makes certain kitchen knives illeagel.
Maybe you'll find someone else to help you. Maybe black mesa... THAT WAS A JOKE, ha ha, fat chance.

My Buy/Sell 1337ness rating
Goldman is offline   Reply With Quote