View Single Post
Old February 20th, 2006, 19:42   #43
Originally Posted by Goldman
Ok, in repsonse to my own post.

Yes I underestimated the psycological effect killing someone over a replica can have, however I'd like to point out in my post, I never said kill, I said shot. It's two very different senario.

Also, when considering my post, note that I'm directly arguing against the ban, i'm not trying to make a statement or argument about any other subject. Be it gangs, minors, or shootings. Just the idea of this ban, by itself.
You always shoot to kill though... That's one of the main philosophies of anyone allowed to bear arms and carry them to defend themselves or others (at least those whom I've talked to). So should a police officer fire on someone presenting them with a replica arm, I'd say odds are they're going to be put down for good. In any case, that's not really the point of the discussion..

I don't think that a ban would be a good idea at all. I don't know as much as I should about the legal system, but when it comes down to it, this sounds like it's leading to an eventual all-out ban of "replicas". I could see this as a first step in that direction, especially if they continue to be used in crime and continue to fool the police.
talon is offline   Reply With Quote