View Single Post
Old February 16th, 2006, 21:44   #33
Dracheous
Lego Head

but kids use the excuse... "Its not illegal for me to use an airgun its only illegal for me to buy one until I'm 18..."... they use the term airgun... instead of replica... but anyway... that aside... the law also states that no one under 18 is legal to fire any firearm... if they uped it to airgun it'd force the airguns to go into the same category as say a .22 long rifle... BUT... if they did this... just put the age restriction and the use of said weapons REQUIRE direct supervision... sorta like the current law regarding minors hunting with parents that they have to share the rifle/shotgun and the parent has to be with in 50ft of the kid holding it... not just firing it... but carrying, handling, loading, un-loading...

Anyway... yeah... the fine will help greatly... I think... hope... but at the same time... someone pointed out the "soccer-mom" issue of trying to push the anty up...and try to ban them ALL for good... somethings gotta be done to help this gun control issue... but so far all I see are steps being taken to take guns from honest people...

Today it was announced on the radio that Ottawa's Gun Amnesty has recovered 500 guns total plus ammo... but what bothers me... is the Amnest is now closed... which is DUMB... why make two weeks of the year free to turn in guns?!... I mean... seriously if an owner wishes to dispose of his/her guns responsibility and quickly... then there should NOT be a god damn time set for it... one should be able to call up the cops ANY time of the freaking year and say... "Look... I just don't want the hassle anymore"... or what ever... but why are these laws and time sets and all this crap targeted at the guy who collects them!? or goes hunting with his kid?... or has the one his father gave whos fathers gave his father whos fathers father gave his... you get the idea right?... Where as here is the plain simple truth.. ban = more... if you want proof look at the alcohol ban in the 50's... the mob got rich... the people got so freaking wasted... and the police got killed!... THATS what we need... only now... its lethal shit...

so... all for 18+ regulations... not for laws and regulations leading to the disarming of honest people...
Dracheous is offline   Reply With Quote