View Single Post
Old February 16th, 2006, 20:24   #32
Brian McIlmoyle
Originally Posted by Dracheous
As much as I do agree with going after the crooks and not honest joe here... I do like the idea of having the law against 18 yearolds... cause then we don't have to put up with... "I'm a responsible 15 year old looking for some advice and a place to play"... and when told to wait three years.. he chances his profile age to 19!.... we just say.. "no... against law... nothing more..."... ... save us all some time and patiences

It already is.. against the law.. the criminal code.. No one under the age of 18 can have replica firearms in their possession. full stop, I can't figure out why people put up with minors now... they can't own airsoft.. so how can they participate!!!???

Also practically every municipality has laws against the discharge of air guns within city limits already. I bumped up against that one recently at my field south of Acton.. but turns out were we conduct our OPs is ok. It is only restricted .. not prohibited

All the proposed bylaw adds is that it would now be contrary to a bylaw for anyone under the age of 18 to have replica or imitation guns in their possession.. they don"t have to discharge them to be breaking the law.
It is already illegal.. but a fine is much more likley to be enforced than a criminal charge.
Brian McIlmoyle
TTAC3 Director
CAPS Range Officer
Toronto Downtown Age Verifier

If the tongue could cut as the sword does, the dead would be infinite
Brian McIlmoyle is offline   Reply With Quote