Thread: Stupid Kids
View Single Post
Old November 11th, 2005, 11:41   #8
Not quite, but you got the right idea.

If they commit a non-serious offense (e.g. NOT aggravated assault or robbery, stuff like shoplifting), they can apply for a liaison (I think it's called?), which is basically, a pardon, when they turn eighteen (they can apply later as well, although it's usually smart to do it ASAP).

They do not "automatically" get a "pardon".

They get a leniancy where the type of offense is sealed for I believe five years, and at the end of that period, the offense gets pardoned.

Example (pretty common actually):

Bob shoplifts, or attempts to, but gets caught, arrested, charged, and convicted, at the "tender" age of sixteen. He has just turned eighteen yesterday. He now applies for a leniancy clause, and, unless exceptional circumstances, or multiple offense of the same nature, or more serious offense appear, the "theft under $5000" which is viewable in the CPIC system, will become a (roughly) "past non-violent offense". Five years from now, Bob re-applies, and once again, granted he has not commited more or graver offenses, is granted a conditional clearing from the charge(s). His record now comes up as empty.
Originally Posted by [DI]DeathSniper
Fucking bullshit. I just checked my flyers and I didn't get no 'Cluepons'. Assholes :rrr:
firemachine69 is offline   Reply With Quote