View Single Post
Old November 6th, 2005, 11:24   #30
Originally Posted by Erik2
Recently in TO, there was a bunch of breakins where ONLY guns were targeted. THEN the cops are wondering "How did these people know exactly which houses to hit for guns?" Well It's not very hard to understand.

Walk into crappy tire and buy a box of 12 Guage shells. What does the 15 year old kid getting them for you ask for? Your name, address, and firearms license. Let me tell you, I have not ONCE given them my address. Wanna know why? Cause that 15 year old kid takes down your address. "Well this guy is buying ammo, he must have guns!"
Your rant is wrong. The requirement for gun shops in Ontario to record that information when selling ammunition is a a requirement for ALL gun shops, not just Canadian Tire. The requirements are laid out in provincial legislation under the Ammunition Regulation Act, 1994, S.O. 1994, c. 20.

If the store let you get away with your uppity attitude, they're in violation of the law.

If you want to be pissed at someone, be pissed at the NDP Government -- they provincial NDPers passed that legislation in 1994 near the end of their mandate.

My buy/sell rating.