Send a message via MSN to kymoz
Quote:
Originally Posted by VipaMave
Swedish women are hot.
:? ... But I agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokey
"3. Avoid personal attacks "

Although it is a good "guideline", It doesent state they arent alloud, just to avoid them.
So why is this only a guideline? Might be good to turn this into a rule.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackthorne
I find it annoying to come to a forum and start asking questions without doing SOME research. It IS a bit disrespectful in it's own right.
Of course, you're totally right on this. But is it really necessary to insult for this? Solving disrespect by behaving with more disrepect?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackthorne
I am still pretty new to this sport and I don't think I was EVER flamed. I read three posts of people getting nailed for not reading the faqs, so I read the faq.

I found almost everything I needed. And I was so terrified (LOL) of getting flamed, I researched what I didn't find on ASC elsewhere and did pretty well.
A week ago, we were 9600 users on ASC. Now we are 9730. 130 new users in one single week. We got about 7 newbie threads this week. So we can say that 5% of newbies don't read the FAQs. But this means too that 95% have read them, or at least, avoided to post, knowing what would have happened. This unfortunate (or lazy) 5% just needs to be told "Read the FAQs please", as Lokes pointed out:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lokes
If we can get enough of us to do the same, maybe they'll get the idea. Just need to resist... let Ctrl-C, Ctrl-V do all the work.
If 5 ASC members in a row just write "Read the FAQs please", nothing more, the noob will understand. Just let the thread alive for a day to let the noob read it and be aware that the FAQs exist and MUST be read unless no answer will be provided. Simple, no?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa
Respect is earned, not freely handed out.
Ok... so this means that unless you're a known Airsoft player, you can be given a truckload of shit from wannabes veterans?
I'd say: "Answers are earned, not freely handed out". It's common sense. If the guy has proven that he made his researches and still has a question, there will be no problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cratedriver
:kill:
Wow, Cratedriver, you now can be proud of having brought some really important arguments here.

Shugart, your Fellowship of the Mod made me laugh so much! :lol:

ssp21, Dirty Deeds, ditb, Lokes, Droc : Thank you.

Kymoz

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dron_jones
But i think the real question is: Who really gives a fuck?
Actually, I do, and I'm not alone.
kymoz is offline   Reply With Quote