Thread: Fraud Alert
View Single Post
Old October 4th, 2016, 09:49   #11
ProDoyle's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Toronto, ON
Small claims court or a dark alley and a baseball bat are your only recourse. York won't do anything but if you do have his information you can go to court. It will cost you time and a filing fee, plus you will need to have him served. You could also go another route... and that is a private complaint filed with the Ontario courts. It is a recourse when the police choose not to do the work. The crown is obliged to hear the allegation in front of a justice of the peace and they can issue a summons for him to appear and will prosecute the case. This won't get your money back usually but it will get you satisfaction and him a criminal record.
ProDoyle is offline   Reply With Quote