View Single Post
Old April 27th, 2016, 23:18   #18
Ricochet
Can I ask you a serious question? How much sand can you fit in your vagina?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyfox View Post
I actually quite enjoy guarding an objective for hours on end without TIC.
But then again, I enjoy pretending I'm a soldier/IO/Contractor unlike ^^^.
I love doing things like that too, just not arbitrarily. If I'm guarding something for hours on end, or even all night, and I have, it's because it was game necessary due the situation, not because we're pretending. Give us the objectives and rules and we'll decide how to win.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gptigers View Post
A greater technical representation. Use of accurate tactical terms (e.g. "Take out" is not a tactical term; seize, secure, isolate, destroy, block, deny, etc are tactical terms). From my perspective MILSIM is more than wearing the gear and going through extended duration operations. It's a mindset and the ability to duplicate (as best possible) the environment, language, and activities of real military operations.

The guys who want short duration events? Fine - treat it just like a direct action raid. Plan and rehearse the hell out of it (using technical terms, graphics, and methodologies). Guys who want longer duration? Fine - treat it like a company-sized extended operation to seize/hold multiple, complex objectives. Do all the pre-mission activities you do in real life. Just how reenactors pride themselves on period accuracy I believe MILSIM folks should pride themselves on technical (and tactical) accuracy both in word and deed.
This has long been the argument/debate on; exactly what counts as "milsim"? How much realism must you have for it to count? Whatever it is, the term has been tossed around more than Rob's mom.
ďREALITY IS LIKE A STONE. TO MANY ITíS HARD AND COLD, THEY CANíT HUG IT OR EAT IT, IT ONLY FRUSTERATES THEM AND DOESNíT DO THEM MUCH GOOD. TO OTHERS ITíS STRONG AND DEPENDABLE, YOU CAN BUILD WITH IT, BUILD UPON IT, OR WORK WITH IT, ALSO USE IT TO SMASH PEOPLE IN THE FACE.Ē

Last edited by Ricochet; April 27th, 2016 at 23:21..
Ricochet is offline   Reply With Quote