View Single Post
Old January 11th, 2016, 19:28   #15
Originally Posted by Brian McIlmoyle View Post
Realize 80% of such businesses fail
I've seen very few stores stay up float, many shutting down too.

I can tell you a specific example of why a store did not stay up afloat, but will refrain from mentioning the store unless asked because of reasons.

1. Online presence; what is your store front like? This particular store was selling their shit on facebook and advertising everything almost exclusively until they decided to buy a domain and set up an online store. The website and store failed the subsequent year.

2. What do you sell? The store I was at sold a lot of random shit that had too much variety.

3. Gun docs should be looking forward to a sale. I wanted to ask the tech for a spring change but told me it would cost $40 dollars and told me to do it myself. I'm not a technical person, why are you shooing away customers!?

4. Free shipping over x dollars. I mean this in general, not just the store that failed. Paying a flat shipping rate doesn't seem worth it to me unless i'm making a small order from a wholesaler.
Originally Posted by Danke
No, you're going to stop and find someone near you in this subform.

Then you will pay that person to fix it for you.

Then you're not going to let your friends play with anything unless it's made by Fisher Price.
RainyEyes is offline   Reply With Quote