Lot's has changed.
- Lipos are 100% better and a fraction of the price.
- HPA has added some neat gun consistency, but carrying a tank and dedicated line around suck, also severe joule creep and FPS issues are getting them banned at certain fields. Or just putting holes in people's faces.
- Bio BB's are becoming the norm, but it really comes down to field requirements. There's several good or adequate brands of Bio rounds available.
- BB Bastard still has stock issues, but is still the highest quality product in my opinion.
- People don't typically run 0.25g anymore. 0.28g is the gold standard and has been for many years, but 0.30g and 0.32g are becoming more common. Basically, you want to run the heaviest weight BB your gun can fire effectively. Hop-up, FPS, stability and round delivery time will play a factor.
- There are way more GBBRs out there than there used to be. The only good reason to own one though is the kick and bang you get with them. They are still plagued with heat issues, cold issues, seal issues, maintenance issues, high cost mags and parts issues, joule creep and temperature swing issues, and you need to carry a dump truck worth of gas cans to match what a few lipos can do.
- There are way more players, groups and fields.
ďREALITY IS LIKE A STONE. TO MANY ITíS HARD AND COLD, THEY CANíT HUG IT OR EAT IT, IT ONLY FRUSTERATES THEM AND DOESNíT DO THEM MUCH GOOD. TO OTHERS ITíS STRONG AND DEPENDABLE, YOU CAN BUILD WITH IT, BUILD UPON IT, OR WORK WITH IT, ALSO USE IT TO SMASH PEOPLE IN THE FACE.Ē