Originally Posted by gmds44
I haven't been active on my Airsoft hobby for about 5 years due to other hobbies and stuff.
I decided I should get back by summer 2016 because why not.
I have been lurking around for a couple of days and I couldn't help to notice that some things have changed since 2010:
- There are a lot more airsoft brands and retailers around
- What happened to BB bastards? Are they less popular now? (Stock issues?)
- Are 0.28g BB's more popular on the fields? What about 0.25g?
- Are bio-bbs mandatory? What is THE preferred brand for bio bb's?
- Are GGBR's more widely used?
- Please tell me HPA is not becoming the "norm". There is a reason why I don't paintball :/
- Any major changes to the overall game rules on the fields? (No blind fire, min. engagement distance, etc.)
- More brands, but top tier are still - TM, GHK, VFC.
- Bastards are alive, as mentioned
- .25 are the norm for me, for indoors. - .3+ for out doors.
- Bio bbs are mandatory on outdoor fields (most) - I used Bioval, think some use bbbastards, but they don't make heavy weight bios (.3)
- GBBR are widely used still, at least for CQB.
- Fields in Toronto have 380 FPS for indoor cqb, some have 400 FPS. - No mercy rule.
Terms of GBBR:
GHK M4's are the best performance on the current market - imo.
WE just released a P90 GBBR - aswell as TM just released their new GBBR M4 (Cerakoted).
RHOP is a big thing now, BTC Spectres V2 are a big thing now.
TM is also making an AEG AA12 - that shoots 3 shots simultaneously w/ different adjustable hop ups.