View Single Post
Old September 18th, 2015, 12:56   #108
theshaneler

like aper said, there is a large portion of the older community moving on to other things, and a lack of knowledge being passed on. But the old players are not 100% to blame, it's not their responsibility to teach if they no longer have interest.
Worse than that, I have found new players to not listen when information is being passed on. This has been my 10th season of airsoft and last year I moved to the Lethbridge area. the sport is super "young" (not necessarily player age wise) here, and a large portion of players have recently switched over from paintball. After playing a year of scrims here, I decided to run an intro to airsoft course to help steer the community towards a more old school type mindset. (hicaps bad, semi auto good ect.) I went over guns, gear, upgrades, game types, organized a kill house and ran scrims. I did not charge for this event, and even got the field hosting it to offer a discounted field fee. Attendance was terrible and those who did show up, where mostly not paying attention. guys did not really want to work on basics in the killhouse but just wanted to scrim.
Its actually quite frustrating trying to pass on the information accrued over the last 10 seasons and no one listens. seriously, I suggested players try using mid or low caps and semi auto fire for 3 games and they will see how much they improve and I had guys coming to talk to me after saying all I was trying to do was make the game less fun and new players at a disadvantage....

After attending a couple OPs in the area, battlefield series game held in early summer, and a resent OP put on by a local player. I have been inclined to try my efforts again in a more directed manor. (specifically how to prepare and play a game that is not just a scrim) Over the last summer, players from the area have attended these OPs completely unprepared. People have literally come to these 6+hr OPs with iced tea in their cammelbacks and chocolate bars for food.
The only thing making me hesitate is the thought that it will be a waste again. The people who should attend will not, and the ones who do, will either know the information already and are showing up to support the cause, or just not listen.

the only thing really keeping me in airsoft lately is the fact that there is no real active IDPA in the area, but the 2 hr drive up to Calgary is looking more and more attractive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curo View Post
Look at all the fucks no one gives Miles, look at them. There is a lot of fucks not being given.
theshaneler is offline   Reply With Quote