View Single Post
Old September 16th, 2015, 17:41   #77
lurkingknight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stryker View Post
So wait a minute here. You blame the retailers for selling 'not the best quality guns' and you preach the upgraded gun? This is what's wrong with players now! They think that when they buy an airsoft gun, whatever brand it is may be, it will outrange and out shoot everyone else's gun! When I first started in the late 90's, we pushed players for being better at the sport before they get an upgraded gun, a hot gun (higher fps, not necessarily 450 fps). We believed in 'Upgrade the Player before Upgrade the gun'.

Whether the new player has a G&G or ICS as you may claim 'SHIT', that player may be also new to the sport and still learning the ropes. I hope you understand the meaning of 'Be an enabler not a disabler'. New players will buy what they can afford in this sport. Let that sink in a bit...
I've had my ass shot off by a 360 fps g&g combat machine rental gun with a highcap. Just because the guy outplayed me, was in a better spot and got the jump on me.

It's not the gun... the gun helps but even a shit player with a great gun can still be a shit player and sit back 30m behind his own line and lob shots at the opposing line 90m away. A good player would be using that extra reach to push people back from their line, not fight to a standstill.