View Single Post
Old September 15th, 2015, 12:58   #45
RainyEyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by wintez View Post
I was at a game last year. I was shot and had my kill rag ON MY HEAD. Talking to one of my buddies who was admin at the time. Not even in the engagement area. BRAAAPPP full auto to the back of my head......ok...i'll give you one. Turned around thinking he couldn't see my kill rag. Weapon is down - non threatening target. I'm fully exposed and standing in the open talking to an Admin. Turn around to talk to him again....same thing...BRAAAPPPPP again in the back of the head. Continued to call HIT!!! At this point I was getting steamed. Turned around again to get another volley in the back of the head. At this point I was was seeing red. So I walked over with the admin and talked to a 18 y/o kid with a juiced up AK and a Hi Cap. I asked him what the hell he was doing. He said " I was shooting you. Call your hits douche". I asked him if he knew what was on my head. He said "a bandana" . I lost it. This kid was playing pretty well geared up and didn't even know what a kill rag was. I was pretty fumed. Told the kid. It means i'm dead. You've been shooting a dead player. Who are you here with? Answer was " my buddy is around here somewhere" How long have you been playing I asked. He said " 2 years man, What's your problem?" I left at that point.

Just goes to show that the newer generation of players in most parts are not being taught the rules of the games from the older players. That one little incident ruined my whole day. So I'm at a point where I'm at a cross roads. Do I teach or leave them behind?

Thoughts?
I'm not sure if this is a case where they play stupid and feign ignorance or they are genuinely stupid.

I don't think it's the job of the players to teach other players about the rules. Each field has their own set of rules and how they deal with body hits, gun hits, etc. The staff there are literally paid to instruct and moderate the game. The reason why that person wasn't informed and kept shooting is beyond me.

I'm wondering if refs should just walk around IN the field where the action is while wearing an EOD suit to ensure people are following the rules instead of watching on the side.

Then you will pay that person to fix it for you.

Then you're not going to let your friends play with anything unless it's made by Fisher Price.
RainyEyes is offline   Reply With Quote