Thread: Realistic AEG
View Single Post
Old July 14th, 2015, 11:00   #44
Oh we do hate you, just never felt like wasting the time to give you a user title :P
I will touch on that.
60 fps isn't going to greatly increase range and isn't going to allow the use of a significantly heavier be. For example at 400 with a good hop up you'll likely run .30 maybe a .32. At 300 you will run .25 maybe even a .28. The effective range of a .25 vs a .32 isn't all that different even at a lower energy. Now we are talking even less ~60 fps isn't gonna make much impact at all and with a well tuned hop up you can likely run the .32 in the 340 fps gun just as effectively as a 400 fps gun. Main difference will be flight time to target and it won't be by much. Without busting out the calculator I'd say maybe at max range (250-300ft or so) it'll be around 0.25-0.50 secconds
that's not that much really, my 500fps bolt action has about a 2 second flight time out to 450ft when running .40g bb's
search up the bbbastard msed and check out some of the links. The site seems broken up a bit now but Google will link u to all the info.
you can see the physics behind airsoft and how different velocities and bb weights effect range
Originally Posted by m102404 View Post
Hectic....FFS start writing in coherent sentences!!!
Originally Posted by JDoorn View Post
Thanks Hectic,
While your posts are sometimes a difficult read, you sure are helpfull
Lvl. 3 certified sniper
Hectic is offline   Reply With Quote