Thread: what's next.
View Single Post
Old June 17th, 2015, 08:31   #11
Red Dot
Google level: BOSS
Originally Posted by Detriix View Post
thanks guys. everyone's input is great info. another question is is it better to import accessories / upgrades?

I understand that the cm16 runs OK out the box but I wanted it as my starter so that I could learn to upgrade internals and if I mess up I won't feel so bad for destroying a $400 gun.
I'd support local airsoft stores first before importing accessories, if I can't find it at a reasonable price in stock locally then I'd go online. You usually save locally since you don't need to pay shipping and duty and if something isn't right a trip back to the store is a lot easier than sending something back overseas waiting for a replacement or refund.

As for upgrading internals I would recommend you to play a few games and get a feel for the gun, that way you would have a better idea of what you may want to change. Typically you get the most performance out of barrel/hop-up upgrades, those will get you better accuracy and range. Other things depend on what you want, which again you can only find out through playing.
Red Dot is offline   Reply With Quote