View Single Post
Old September 4th, 2014, 19:26   #16
the other route is go super light... mp5 a2 or a3 or a4... mags are much smaller.

you can google red devil's airsoft for the directions. There's also an offshoot ottawa airsoft community over at but I encourage you (as will others) to just come out and play first, rent a gun as well, the field has an array of AK rentals. Also if you ask nicely, most players will let you handle their guns so you can get an idea of what might suit you better. Also there's a variety of gear whores there like me that has a lot of kit, vs guys who have just started and all they have is a rifle and a couple highcaps.

This is my light weight p90 vest. The other one I have is not so light... it's like 3 layers of nylon and it's black... it looks so awesome in my stargate costume photos and other photos when I wear it on camo. It's not so great to wear in the 35 degree sunlight with 45 degree humidex. The black gets hot.

This specific model I think is the condor hydration vest. empty it's about half the weight of the standard molle tacvest from condor and it has an integrated pouch in the back for a water bladder. Imo it's better value if you want just a light vest.

On the inside I have eski double p90 pouches. ESKI are the only ones with molle on the front so that I can attach pistol mag pouches. You see how much room the p90 mags will take up, there really isn't much room for anything else on the vest.

On the outside are flyye single pouches in multicam. They fit much loser than condor pouches, and would recommend them over the condor if you get a p90. Or go with the ESKIs. The only problem with the ESKI is that they only come in black, tan, olive or woodland.

The p90 pouch actually hooks into 6 molle rows on the vest, but it hangs down over a 7th blank. So if each row and blank are 1 inch tall each, that's 13 inches of vertical realestate on your body that each p90 pouch till take up.

Not trying to scare you off a p90, but just know what you're getting into before you start spending the money.
I futz with V2s, V3s and V6s. I could be wrong... but probably, most likely not, as far as I know.

Last edited by lurkingknight; September 4th, 2014 at 19:54..
lurkingknight is offline   Reply With Quote