View Single Post
Old July 13th, 2014, 12:08   #18
Really the only thing that stands in your way is mounting AEG internals into what ever you build. Once you accept the design of what you want then you just have to engineer yourself a mechbox, barrel, hopup and some sort of way to feed it all. For the HB this is why I suggested something more along the lines of a 249 because then you just use a big ammo box to feed it; make a shell to cover up or decorate one of the big oversized green ones from A&K. Really the only thing that will be difficult will be shimming and securing your motor to mechbox ((unless you go straight to a V3 mechbox and then its got a cage to fix that right up)) and making sure the ammo feed is aligned so you don't have double/tripple/no feeds. Everything else is cosmetic.

I'm pretty new to airsoft, I've played tactical paintball for over ten years so I can take my marker apart, clean it, repair, and put it together no problem. Airsoft I have no idea how to take it apart or even how mine works (I'm actually scared to try and take it apart as it was 500.00 lol)

Essentially I'm trying to avoid gutting it and using those guts and making a frame, my manufacturing level is limited, just to change the barrel to a typical LMG length and craft a shell around the existing rifle to make it functional as well as boss lol

I'm doing this because I don't identify with any of the airsoft weapons on the market I want different :wink:
Duty Never Ends
HAMR is offline   Reply With Quote