View Single Post
Old February 12th, 2014, 15:03   #9
Originally Posted by turok_t View Post
The stock Marui slide was meant for duster, so propane may cause premature wear or cracks on the slide. If you want to do ipsc, it really depends on what you are trying to achieve (ie. fast cycling? High rof? Less recoil for fast acquisition of targets? Accuracy?) all of these will affect the internals you install.

Some ipsc players I know use plastic slides and short stroking to achieve insane cycling rates. Other like to use metal slides with enhance air nozzles and light weight bbu and stiffer hammer springs, and adjustable triggers to decrease trigger pull. So the hicapa platform has many upgrades, it all depends on what you want to achieve.

Hope this helps.
Okidoki, here comes the details,
I want metal slide since my plastic lasted 2 weeks.

It should cycle fast

I also appreciate snappy locktime

Gas efficiant is a preferred bonus

And most of all I want a reliable workhorse that I can practice with (not constantly repair when most needed)

Recoil is not a priority, probably only good if it has recoil as my aim is to practice my IRL shooting using this as an replacement when arctic climate prevents outdoors practice.

So what is your advice based on this premise?

(I have received some upgrades already, but if you have better expert solutions it is never to late to change to reach enlightenment.)

Trixshooter is offline   Reply With Quote