Thread: Chromakey
View Single Post
Old January 9th, 2014, 22:42   #7
you'd be able to do it indoors with tracers if you wanted to enhance the tracers... outdoors.. you might have limited success. You'd have to run tests... From the perspective of the shooter you probably could light it up.. the streaming is quite clear especially with higher rof guns and the perspective is easily tracked... if you're taking a side shot of the action, you may not catch it at all.

Look at scout the doggie's YT vids..those are shot with HD cameras, probably as nice or maybe nicer than that you might be able to scrounge up.. seeing that he's a YT partner and getting enough hits to send his kids through college with ad revenue. It's safe to say he has some nice filming rigs. Anyways, in his videos, it's quite rare to see BBs leaving the guns or flying sideways through shots... you'll only see impacts and BBs flying towards the camera or away in the rare cases you see them.

There's a reason why it's called green screening... one flat color that's lit uniformly is easy to key out... a constantly changing color and luma means you would have to hand paint every frame of that key if you wanted a consistently sized key to pull. Even in the most ideal circumstances any little bit of blur in a shot can be a pain in the ass to key. I think I was working with still images at 15 megapixels and some single frame keys still took like an hour to pull a person out of a green screen.
I futz with V2s, V3s and V6s. I could be wrong... but probably, most likely not, as far as I know.

Last edited by lurkingknight; January 9th, 2014 at 22:44..
lurkingknight is online now   Reply With Quote