View Single Post
Old October 26th, 2013, 14:43   #39
Canadian Psycho
Personal Mule.....PM for rates!
Send a message via MSN to Canadian Psycho
Originally Posted by volteco View Post
I totally understand. But 13 y.o. doesn't. He is basically just a kid, who still plays with little cars. For him it is all just a game, he doesn't understand how perilous it is. Just doesn't. Period. He is not old enough.
Common, guys some of us have kids too. So, what if it was 8 year old? 5 year old? Would they shoot him dead too?
Police officers are trained to shoot in the center of mass... Now wait just a second. Are they some sort of robots, machines? Don't they have brains? They have families too, and kids. Anyone can be in the place of that kid. What of it was a toy gun from toysrus?
How easy it is for a trained police officer to disarm 13 yo without just shooting him right away. If it is not easy he should not be a police officer on the first place.

When I was 13, I understood that a cop with a gun pointed at me and yelling instructions was one to be complied with. Comparing a replica gun/airsoft gun to a toys 'r us toy gun, its a terrible comparison and does not apply to the situation. Had the kid had a toy looking gun the issue would never occur as the cops would not have been called in the first place.

The cop was presented with an armed threat. Even after warning the threat to drop the weapon, the threat did not comply. Full stop.

Age does not come into play here as cop does not have time to ask him his age, nor his name or what his intent is. His job is to protect himself, and the public from an armed threat. By suggesting disarming the threat, are you suggesting that the cop should run towards an armed threat to tackle him?
"Those who have long enjoyed such privileges as we enjoy, forget in time that men have died to win them"
Franklin D. Roosevelt
Canadian Psycho is offline   Reply With Quote