View Single Post
Old October 26th, 2013, 14:36   #37
Enjoy's Tight Groupings from behind in his Tight Pants
Send a message via Skype™ to EchoFourTwelve
Originally Posted by volteco View Post
I totally understand. But 13 y.o. doesn't. He is basically just a kid, who still plays with little cars. For him it is all just a game, he doesn't understand how perilous it is. Just doesn't. Period. He is not old enough.
Common, guys some of us have kids too. So, what if it was 8 year old? 5 year old? Would they shoot him dead too?
Police officers are trained to shoot in the center of mass... Now wait just a second. Are they some sort of robots, machines? Don't they have brains? They have families too, and kids. Anyone can be in the place of that kid. What of it was a toy gun from toysrus?
How easy it is for a trained police officer to disarm 13 yo without just shooting him right away. If it is not easy he should not be a police officer on the first place.
What if that was a real gun? Do you think you can disarm a 13 year old with a gun? Bullets travel much faster than you do. And it is protocol (as per my use of force professor [who is ex-ETF]) to draw your firearm when another deadly weapon is present. I trust that he knows what he's talking about. Also, at the age of 13, most kids without a mental disability. or even WITH a mental disability know right from wrong, and furthermore their parents should also know NOT to let their kid outside with a gun, real or fake. Not to mention the child was already asked by a concerned bystander to put it away cause he'll get in trouble. SO. The onus is on the kid, not the officer.
Guardians of Asgaard - KF14
"tight pants, tight groups, "
EchoFourTwelve is offline   Reply With Quote