View Single Post
Old October 25th, 2013, 21:21   #18
aka coachster
It happened again "(

Originally Posted by Burger View Post
But I think the police officer could have waited, at lesast until the weapon had started to be raised towards him before he shot. To me it seems as though the event happened really quickly from the boy being asked to drop the weapon then being shot. But at the same time he was brandishing what looked like a resal firearm in public.
How about you go stand down range of someone with a rifle. You don't know if they have a real gun or not. You are responding to the scene and have mere seconds to determine if it's real or not. Are you really going to wait for a rifle to be raised towards you before you react? You are facing potentially a real AK with full auto.

In terms of them acting too quickly, we don't know the time line or how things unfolded.

Originally Posted by volteco View Post
I think the guy who shot the boy must go to jail. He should have make sure 10 times that this is a real firearm, and even then he could just shot the boy's leg, just to immobilize him.
With guns so popular in States they can't shot people dead on a sight just because they carry something that looks like a real firearm. And this was just a kid, 13 year old, this shoud have been obvious to see.
And I am wondering, the gun should have orange flashhider, this is the law in states, is it not? So it was probably clear that this was not a real firearm.
Put yourself in their shoes. Are you going to shoot someone in the leg, who is turning to you with a rifle, so that you can determine if it's real or not? No, because you'd be dead. Also don't tell me that they should have aimed for the shooting arm. So that he couldn't pull the trigger. Shoot center mass and take down the threat otherwise you will become a victim.

Is a 13 year old is incapable if pulling the trigger on a real gun and killing people in range of the weapon? I think not.
coach is offline   Reply With Quote