View Single Post
Old September 29th, 2013, 03:01   #20
Mordarski J.A.
formerly Blinky
Originally Posted by Ricochet View Post
I haven't been, but Irene is at a bought and built facility I believe...What Canada does have, are ghost towns, but these can either be dangerous, or protected park sites...
IRENE occurs at the Fort Knox MOUT facility, known as Zussman KY. I agree with the idea of ghost towns as lots of provinces have them. The issue would be whether they are in fact 100% vacated, and then approaching the municipal government and the local constabulary to ensure everything is cleared and approved. Not an impossible plan, just not a very easy one either.

Originally Posted by Ricochet View Post
...if I was going to do that much travelling for a game, I'd bother to go play somewhere more exotic....Another issue, is how some groups play a certain style, for instance military simulation, and would rather have 100 like minded players to game with, than 500 of whatever. Quality not quantity in essence...
I'm not sure I would consider Oklahoma "exotic", but it ties in with your point about like-minded players. When the idea of EAST WIND got suggested to myself and a few others, we fell in love with it. This was exactly the type/style of play we preferred. On average the event draws about 100 people (or less), but they are devoted people. The style of game play is one I have yet to see reproduced here in Canada, but that's not to say it can't or won't be.

Originally Posted by HackD View Post
...OP Triglav...
Admittedly, this is the first I've heard of TRIGLAV. I don't normally look at the out-of-province games on ASC, so I guess I'm at fault for that one I am unable to attend as it is a time/money issue for me, but it does look interesting, so I'd definitely be interested in attending if it happens again in the future.

I would love to see something akin to any of the LC events happen here in Canada. I would love to see a decently-sized urban environment be used, but anyone who had the kind of cash needed to create such a field would have to have more than just the airsoft community to rely on for income. If it were possible to purchase something like a ghost town, slowly make repairs, and offer it to different agencies as a training facility, then it could be a possibility. But that's looking a *long* way into the future in a hypothetical situation.

Just a little food for thought....
Josh Mordarski
South Manitoba Rifles

Non Sibi Sed Omnibus

Age Verifier - Manitoba

Current Armoury:
WE C7A1 - WE M14 DMR - WE SA80A2
CA C8 - CA SLR105 - CA M16VN

WE Browning Hi-Power - WE M1911
KWA SIG Sauer P226 - KSC SIG Sauer P229
Mordarski J.A. is offline   Reply With Quote