Peer Review: Art of War Op Blood Diamond
As promised here is version 1.0 of AOW: Blood Diamond.
The purpose of this posting is to seek peer review for the game. This PDF contains the main game story, combatant, mission and goals, gameplay, medic and respawn rules.
The idea is to tune the gameplay, bulletproof the rules, and raise the gameplay quality to make it as enjoyable as possible.
My personal goals for this game are:
1) easy to understand
2) rules that eliminate ambiguity
3) gameplay is almost the same from both sides
4) mission goals are measurable at the player, group and team level
Please review and let me know how I could make this game better.
We intend to "beta" the game in a capped 40 player low cost test. Beta testers will enjoy benefits such as:
- Free food at the Op
- Chance to be in the videos for the game rules and promotion
- A chance to perform in a workshop/gaming environment (new concept)
- Low cost - using cost recovery model, field rental cost only.
- All beta test players will be listed in the final game document as co-authors of the game.
That being said, we will be picky on the participants as we need people who will contribute to the development of the game and be willing to do concept testing. Positive can do attitudes are a must.
Thanks in advance!
Last edited by Scarecrow; August 16th, 2013 at 07:23..