View Single Post
Old August 2nd, 2013, 20:43   #3
R.I.T.Z
Crackers

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkNozomi View Post
So, I have a few questions, I HAVE read a fair bit but a lot of threads seem to already assume you understand things... and I'd prefer to confirm before spending many hours and hundreds of dollars

1. I only want to buy Tokyo Marui products, since they were nice enough to introduce me to the sport. is this feasible/advisable? I've heard mostly good things about them... is there any retailer in the GTA that carries them?
Yes, but you need to get age verified, there are a tonne of TM products in the classifeds, although there are better metal guns

Quote:
2. Although some people say it's difficult, I really want to dual wield pistols. Is it better to have two identical pistols, or a stronger one in your main hand and a faster one in the off hand, or something?
Dual wielding is fun but past CQB its entirely impractical and you cannot aim worth a damn

Quote:
3. Would it be weird/cumbersome/illegal to have a P90 as a backup weapon, maybe in a knapsack in case I run out of pistol ammo or need to change up? That's 3 weapons in total, most pictures I see are of people with just one AK47 or something.
You can carry it, but it'd be classified as your "Primary" most likely and in a lot of games you'd be restricted for ammo.

Quote:
4. Do we need to wear the full military fatigues and balclavas, etc? I'm willing to splurge on it if it's the unofficial dress code but would feel silly if I was in the minority.
Depends on the game, sometimes there is a "colour" that each team wears e.i civies, tan, green. but mostly just wear what you are comfortable in.

Quote:
5. If you get hit during a game, are you like, done for the day? Or do you just wait a certain amount of time and then restart (like lazer tag)? Mostly I'm worried about booking off a day and having elite players kill me in 30 seconds.
different games different rules some have medic rules, some have you wait 15 min or more, depends on the game and host really

Quote:
6. In general, is the community friendly and welcoming, or are people aggressive and nasty? Competitive spirit is expected but I'd prefer to avoid people who can't leave the aggression on the field.
you really haven't read much on here have you? the community is rather accepting and easy going some people hangout after games and go for beers.

Quote:
7. Do I need to be on a "team" or can I just register and show up to a game? I don't know anyone at all involved in the sport. Do people help explain things to newbies?
you do not need a team, there are plenty of "walk on" players, if you are new and want to attend a game, first of all post in the game thread t make sure you aren't walking into a 72hr hard core only real gear milsim, most of the guys/girls are quite nice in helping newbies out.

Quote:
Sorry for the list of questions... if these are wrong or annoying please just lock the thread. I'm just hoping to hear from people who are experienced and have useful thoughts. Thanks!
1 more thing, the TM anime is all well and good, but its not a very good place of information for airsoft in CANADA, read through the forums again.
just because they can dual wield and get sniper rifle accuracy means nothing in the real world