View Single Post
Old July 29th, 2013, 12:55   #21
the lipos that TA sells should not be charged at a rate higher than 1.0A you had 1.3 set... higher than reocmmended charge rates = more heat.

You also did not read the instruction manual that came with the charger. It would have told you how to use it and set it, nevermind about not doing the proper reading on lipos before hand.

Originally Posted by kalnaren View Post
Yes, they sold you a $120 charger. You wanted to charge LiPos. Welcome to the LiPo club. Proper LiPo chargers ARE that expensive. If you use a cheap lipo charger, you run the risk of destroying the battery. And LiPo batteries destroy themselves in very violent fireballs (google LiPo fire). You want to run lipos, you use the proper equipment or risk burning your house down.

Where did you buy a LiPo with Tamiya connectors? Toronto Airsoft? I didn't think anyone made LiPos with Tamiyas. LiPos are designed for high current draw... tamiyas are the archenemy of high current draw. Regardless, you should have confirmed this before you left the store. I wouldn't assume the connectors were the same, and most retailers are likely to assume you can do a simple connector swap, since it's pretty much a required skill in airsoft, RC, etc.
dude, I wouldn't be so hard on the guy.. especially when your info is just as bad. There are plenty of "airsoft" lipos that are sold with tamiya connectors, in fact, every firefox lipo that TA sells has tamiya connectors. There are also plenty of quality chargers for under 80$. I got mine for 40$ and all half my lipos came with tamiya connectors, the other half xt60s.

They key to this is stop shopping for lipos at airsoft retailers and start shopping for chargers and lipos at R/C stores that deal with lipos on a regular basis.
I futz with V2s, V3s and V6s. I could be wrong... but probably, most likely not, as far as I know.
lurkingknight is offline   Reply With Quote