View Single Post
Old June 30th, 2013, 12:04   #10
Originally Posted by sammynac99 View Post
definitely look around and learn about canada and airsofting here, as in my opinion most other countries in the world consider canada to be a place where airsoft is illegal. if you are planning on bringing guns with you when you move, learn about local laws regarding airsoft.further to that if you are planning to be a retailer you must understand 2 things. 1> airsoft is a niche market where the community is small and tight and 2> canadian airsofters are the cheapest people in the world. competition is fierce among distributors and they are well known, unless you can find a new way to impress the people in the market, your gonna have a bad day.....
The other issue for someone considering a start-up, and who is not familiar with the area that the start-up is proposed for, is population density.

Aside from the Trenton/Belleville and Ottawa areas, you are talking about a primarily sparsely populated, rural region. Most of Ontario's population resides in a belt ringing lake Ontario from Ajax to St. Catherines. It's no longer the Greater Toronto Area (GTA) but now the Greater Toronto-Hamilton Area.. something like 90% of the Ontario population is in this region.

The point of above - if you are contemplating setting up a retail airsoft business in that area that you are moving to, don't. Chances are, any individuals living in your region already source their supplies through existing small businesses in airsoft in Eastern Ontario (there are a few out there), or via the internet out of economic and travel necessity, anyway. If you decide to go for it - it'll be a very steep, uphill battle for success.

It comes down to whether you can assure a large enough customer base for survival - i would have my doubts that there would be one existing that is large enough in your proposed area.

Last edited by HackD; June 30th, 2013 at 12:10..
HackD is offline   Reply With Quote