Originally Posted by Deadpool
1. ok I'll give you this point
2. Puxing 888 took me about 10 mins to programme all gmrs channels in memory (and a few other channels, like local LE
). You just need to take 30secs to read the manual.
3. My px has been to hell and back.
4. A good radio pouch will prevent loss and look cool
5. If you play airsoft and don't have a radio, get one or stay close to someone that has one
6. Puxing set on low power will last an incredibly long time. On hi-power, it'll last a whole 6 hour hard command post usage.
7. Professionnal quality headset are less available with GMRS pins if you want to upgrade in the long run
8. Charge before game or get a cheap power converter to charge in the car.
9. I'm always repeating commands to the guys that run those cheap gmrs radios because the only receive half of what I said.
Buy good, buy once.
Buy cheap, buy alot.
I have seen one too many guys absolutely fucking around with a complex radio in my short time doing this.
I get it if the more complex one gives you far more than others, but really, the one I listed fits the bill for nearly all situations.
Just as a note, the one I listed is NOT a cheapy. Its well built, water proof, and very clear. Simple enough for a new guy to use etc.
I see so many guys hanging on for dear life in the games I put on. Water, camel back, no camel back, ammo, too much, not enough, hop up, battery, spare, no spare...you name it.
When the simple thing like a radio that in most cases is supposed to be a simple listening device is tossed on, the complex ones seem to push guys further and further.
This one I listed for $58 bucks wont owe you anything and you can focus on the rest of the shit that gives most guys grief.
Just my 2 sense from seeing hundreds of guys doing radio checks. (the one thing I cringe at)
"hang on man....does anyone know how to get a !#@!# radio on chanel 5 dude?"....what model do you have?....@@#$...oh, I don't know that one man...
Then the fun begins as 30+ guys watch 6 guys fuck around....I once even saw the lap top come out IN BRIEFING.
("....no no...take your time....we have all the time for you to sort this out.....")