View Single Post
Old April 3rd, 2013, 15:03   #2
K3vX's Avatar
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Quebec City
You're half correct.

Umarex always owned and will always own the H&K licence. They can do whatever they want with it.

Umarex had a partership with KWA so they could produce weapon under the H&K licence. Umarex pistols are EXACTLY the same as KWA pistol, but depending on the website, time of the year or the bird migration, they interchange names.

Umarex broke the partnership with KWA, removing them their borrowed licence. KWA can no longer sell any H&K products. They can, however, still sell replacement parts AND magazines.

I would not worry about the mag supply for at least a few years. And yes, you can import them. You may pay more with shipping and custom taxes, but I'm not sure.

Originally Posted by Metcarfre View Post
Hi there,

Been looking around for a GBBP to purchase as my first gun*, and I'm interested in the KWA USP. However, it's my understanding that KWA lost the license to produce H&K branded items, so that finding spare magazines and replacement parts may be an issue. However, I also read somewhere that Umarex had been given the license by H&K and essentially producing a rebranded version of the KWA USP - is this correct? If so, this would likely alleviate this problem, yes?

Also, I'm aware of the commandment "though shalt not try to import guns", but does this hold for magazines as well? For example Airsoft GI

* I'm aware that a basic AEG is a much more appropriate item to start the sport with, but I figure I can rent/beg/borrow a long arm if and when I decide to try the real deal. Meanwhile, the pistol can always be used for plinking & etc.
K3vX | Airsoft Gunsmith/Gun doctor in training.
Feel free to contact me in your preferred language and I'll gladly answer.
K3vX is offline   Reply With Quote