View Single Post
Old March 11th, 2013, 09:02   #8
Send a message via MSN to wildcard Send a message via Yahoo to wildcard
Originally Posted by MaciekA View Post
wildcard, G&G generally makes good stuff now. I'm most pleased with their gearbox shells in particular.

I agree with everyone here, this is a lot of proprietary stuff to take in .. I wonder if that microswitch has a MOSFET? (how do they avoid switch bounce?).. The motor grip attachment method is a bit sucky, you're stuck with G&G grips and it will be nearly impossible to do half-shell pinion-bevel alignment (edit: on second thought, maybe it will be easier... hmm).

I'm willing to accept a bevy of proprietary parts and designs, but not if we are to take a step back in solving "stock gun syndrome", i.e. the problem of all stock guns sucking balls, having whining gears and other issues I have to fix out of the box. Making things more rare or expensive or upgrading some features without solving the basic problems we have with Marui gearboxes is two steps forward, one (maybe even two) step(s) back.

That said I'd like to get my hands on one of these to play with the internals.
Oh I know that they make good stuff now but teh big question is what is their final release price and quality going to be? To be profitable in this market they have to be willing to be able to cater the market demand, my concern is are they going to keep it original? or is it goingto be a waterdown product like most of their commercially available stuff in North America? Their stuff in general from what I see in Asia is different from North American release much like King arms, G&P where they have watered down their quality to suit the North american market price. A good example would be King Arms, their HK release AEG mechbox, the internals are beautifully shimmed, great parts etc. but their North American AEG mechbox recently are stuffed with garbage parts, shitty shimming with QC that at best compared to a JG or Cyma, nothing special or care. Now if G&G can go against the grain and get something out in the market with the quality and QC like they did when they were a small parts manufacturer before their decision to flood the masses business plan than it's something to be considered.

Last edited by wildcard; March 11th, 2013 at 09:10..
wildcard is offline   Reply With Quote