Thread: Soldering??
View Single Post
Old March 5th, 2013, 21:01   #8
Hectic
Oh we do hate you, just never felt like wasting the time to give you a user title :P

lol thanks Trev, i knew i had it correct its just my tools that are lacking, gonna have to buy a good (at least decent) iron and some non dollar store type solder if im gonna be doing this on the regular.
got a MERF 3.2 and decided may as well get all the guns on deans in one shot so i can share batteries and the MERF.
Almost done now but ill be sure to grab a new iron befor my next soldering job lol.
Thanks all for the input, hopefully someone else will find this info usefull in the future as well, i mean i cant be the only one who forgot highschool lol

I dont think its too hot Derek I have to touch the deans "post" for a good 60-90 secconds befor itll melt the solder by that time all the flux is boiled off, and that on highest setting.
It is a "torch" but the flame is contained and it has a soldering tip in front of an element that heats the tip, i think it just looses alot of heat in the transfer process, great to have at games n such tho just in case someone messes up a wire or something just not so great for day to day soldering jobs
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDoorn View Post
Thanks Hectic,
While your posts are sometimes a difficult read, you sure are helpfull
Lvl. 3 certified sniper
FinchFieldAirsoft

Last edited by Hectic; March 5th, 2013 at 21:05..
Hectic is offline   Reply With Quote