Originally Posted by Brian McIlmoyle
It's not your gun that will give out in a long game it's you.
you need Water, Food, environmental protection, Ammunition, Batteries, Gun and an spare gun.
Don't over electrolyte yourself though. Gatorade and related is good during a break, or after; but you should be drinking water constantly throughout. Food is essential; start by having a good meal before hand, and only carry protein/energy based foods on your person. Remember that food is extra weight, so simple is good; but it never hurts to have a sandwich or something waiting back in your car.
- Extra socks and boots (dry footwear will change your life)
- Brimmed hat (keep sun and rain off your head, boonies work best)
- rain poncho ($5.00 at Canadian tire)
- small flash light (terrain can be dangerous in the dark)
- dead light (small red flashing light so no one shoots you in the dark)
- ranger blanket or barrier (sleeping on the ground can cause dehydration and hypothermia even during summer)
- radio with a spare battery (top notch for safety not just for gameplay)
- 2 - 3 full sized gun batteries (got to last the whole time)
- 2 bags of BBs (you won't see 18 hours of straight action, but have another bag in your car in case of spillage, lending, etc)
- 3 liter water bladder (you will need to refill a bunch, so have a lot in your car ...lots)
- extra eyewear (in case of serious fogging, etc)
- first aid kit (in your car should be fine)
- a warm layer (your body will release it's heat during dusk, and sweat will transition the cool air to your skin quicker)
- food plan (light weight, easy to eat, easy to carry, healthy, lots of energy)
- aerial map or compass (don't get lost, and always use the buddy system)