View Single Post
Old January 30th, 2013, 21:34   #9
Originally Posted by Uberg33k View Post
Copy that on the second half of your response. However the first half I'm not crystal clear on? You mean "upgrade the player" as in my experience in the sport? Or was that an insult? Sorry I can't tell. lol
When I say upgrade the player not the gun it basically means you could have the best equipment but still be outplayed by more experienced people. Sure it's nice to be on a level playing field but for example a new motorcycle rider on a tricked out GSX-R litre bike could still get his ass handed to him by a semi pro or pro rider on a stock, out of the factory 250cc street bike. That's because the more experienced person is more attuned to their limits and has a better feeling as to how to shave off a couple seconds here and there and by the end of it has made enough time to catch up and beat the more powerful bike.

It's nice to have good stuff but experience will make up for the difference most of the time. Hell, I still run an arguably mid/upper mid end gun and although sometimes I wish I had a few upgrades here and there for better accuracy/range I can still play aggressively and make up for the difference.

Another example; I bought a full Burton snowboard setup back in 06 (it was hella cheap and a great price) but I know that a semi pro rider given entry level stuff could whip my ass in a race or in a freestyle competition.
ಠ_ಠLess QQ more Pew Pew

Last edited by L473ncy; January 30th, 2013 at 21:37..
L473ncy is offline   Reply With Quote