View Single Post
Old January 30th, 2013, 17:52   #16
Originally Posted by MatthewRyan View Post
I would use the rifle as a assault weapon . I wouldn't mind all the accuracy I can get as for saying the Tokyo Marui M14 the most accurate

Not exactly by the video still think the G&P m14 is better out the box

The CYMA has some descent accuracy too
CYMA M14 (CM032) Airsoft Electric Gun Range and Accuracy Test -ASTKilo23- - YouTube
CYMA M14 fixed accuracy test - YouTube

But what about going CYMA and later replacing the hop up and barrel not sure but could surpass the other m14s listed
Let me tell you something.. i own a CYMA M14 Socom16.. and it's because i owned a G&P in whole, working condition for an extremely short period of time. 4 shots, in fact. Since then, it's just layed in pieces in the spare bedroom, as a bad taste in my mouth that i can't quite bring myself to get rid of yet.

G&P M14's have historical issues with the spur gear specifically, and the gears in general. If you are buying it from a certain local Toronto retailer that has the G&P M14 DMR .. be prepared for them to deny any recourse, should it just happen to grenade just out of the box. Fair warning.

The gears weren't the only issue.. the pot metal receiver also broke at the barrel.

I got the CYMA M14 Socom16 as an interim M14 while i tried to get the motivation to fix the G&P abortion. I threw the G&P's telescopic sight and K-A RAS onto the CYMA, and took it out for a few games. It's the rifle that i should have bought, had i researched the G&P M14 DMR issues first before buying.

CYMA has pretty good externals, and it is a reasonable good quality for a rifle, at the price point that it is at. Like any TM compatible M14, it can be tarted up quite nicely, externally and internally. The gearbox in the G&P was also a bit .. odd, as compared to the two other V7 gearboxes that i had. Some variations were noted in dimensions.

My CYMA has proven to be more reliable, than my experience with the 'up-market' G&P showed, anyway.

Last edited by HackD; January 30th, 2013 at 18:32..
HackD is offline   Reply With Quote