View Single Post
Old January 30th, 2013, 15:59   #9
semi auto generates more heat than full auto. Initial torque to get the gears and piston moving from dead stop requires more voltage surge. So yes, if you were firing 1000 rounds very quickly in semi, the motor can become hot.

Uncomfortably hot is a matter of opinion though, some people can't hold a fresh cup of coffee, while others can. If your motor is generating so much heat, then it's possible a few things could be off, like shimming being too tight or motor height being off. If your gun sounds like a shrieking banshee, then motor height is probably not set properly.

It's also unlikely the gun is shimmed too tightly from factory, guns are more than likely shimmed not enough, but as with all things airsoft, consistency is not guaranteed.

I have run a lonex A1 on a 1800mah 7.4 lipo, and that is more equivalent to a 9.6v 2000~mah nimh. I'm not sure of many people running A1s with nimh batteries, but I imagine it can be done. there's only one way to find out.

As for the lonex ferrous motors, I've read they perform well enough. Much better than your CA motor? don't know, but there are a number of things to do on the gun before addressing motor.

Sportlines aren't crappy because of their motors, they're crappy because of the rest of the gearbox internals.

Doing mosfet testing on my 2 30+rps guns, if I sit there and pull the trigger 100 times in say 2 minutes, or as fast as I can, the A1s get hot enough that I wouldn't want to hold them tightly in my hand for long. But in a game situation, you'd never shoot 100 rounds that fast, let alone 1000 rounds.
I futz with V2s, V3s and V6s. I could be wrong... but probably, most likely not, as far as I know.

Last edited by lurkingknight; January 30th, 2013 at 16:03..
lurkingknight is offline   Reply With Quote