View Single Post
Old January 16th, 2013, 17:45   #14
Hectic
Oh we do hate you, just never felt like wasting the time to give you a user title :P

To a point yes most aeg's will have around the same effective range a higher fps will let u use heavier bb's and they will be less effected by wind and such.
also with a higher fps and heavier bb u will have a lil better ability to punch through brush and such.
a longer tighter barrel may have a lil beter range but more to the point it will have tighter groupings then a shorter wider barrel ie, a stock mp5k will be out shot by a stock m16 with the same bore of barrel but not by a huge margin, accuracy will be better on the m16 tho cause the bb will have longer
to stabalise its flight path, a good barrel (tight and smooth) and a consistant hop up unit will be a good benifate to any gun regardless of barrel length.
i am an advocate of putting longer tighter barrels in all of my guns but that is because i want to be able to hit smaller targets at longer ranges, im a semi auto dmr kind of guy so it just suits my play style to be able to hit a hand or shoulder at max range with one or two shots if its all i can see as apposed to dumpin a whole mag on full auto while running closer to the target and hoping to hit something.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDoorn View Post
Thanks Hectic,
While your posts are sometimes a difficult read, you sure are helpfull
Lvl. 3 certified sniper
FinchFieldAirsoft
Hectic is offline   Reply With Quote