View Single Post
Old January 16th, 2013, 16:45   #14
Oh we do hate you, just never felt like wasting the time to give you a user title :P
To a point yes most aeg's will have around the same effective range a higher fps will let u use heavier bb's and they will be less effected by wind and such.
also with a higher fps and heavier bb u will have a lil better ability to punch through brush and such.
a longer tighter barrel may have a lil beter range but more to the point it will have tighter groupings then a shorter wider barrel ie, a stock mp5k will be out shot by a stock m16 with the same bore of barrel but not by a huge margin, accuracy will be better on the m16 tho cause the bb will have longer
to stabalise its flight path, a good barrel (tight and smooth) and a consistant hop up unit will be a good benifate to any gun regardless of barrel length.
i am an advocate of putting longer tighter barrels in all of my guns but that is because i want to be able to hit smaller targets at longer ranges, im a semi auto dmr kind of guy so it just suits my play style to be able to hit a hand or shoulder at max range with one or two shots if its all i can see as apposed to dumpin a whole mag on full auto while running closer to the target and hoping to hit something.
Originally Posted by m102404 View Post
Hectic....FFS start writing in coherent sentences!!!
Originally Posted by JDoorn View Post
Thanks Hectic,
While your posts are sometimes a difficult read, you sure are helpfull
Lvl. 3 certified sniper
Hectic is offline   Reply With Quote