View Single Post
Old January 1st, 2013, 11:47   #39
willing to perform services in a dark alley that may or may not leave you satisfied for a title. GFE = 1, looks = 2, BBFS for an extra $50.
Originally Posted by jacobean View Post
I myself know nothing about airsoft guns and had never heard of them until a few days ago so just wanted to get feedback from experts who are familiar with them. After researching them on the Internet and finding this site, my gut feel is my nephew owning or using one of these devices is a disaster waiting to happen for him and for others. I just wanted to know if I was over reacting and being unreasonable or if it is commonly accepted practice for 12 years to own/use these. Thanks for your responses so far!!
jacobean I wish I had a cool uncle like you growing up!

I can only speak for myself but I've got a cousin with ADHD and Aspergers syndrome. He is now older than 18 but still has the intellect of someone much younger. He's expressed interest in airsoft and had bought Canadian tire cr@p. I feel that its is an accident waiting to happen because of the lack of real responsibility and reason.

I can only echo the advice of people above in saying that your nephew is probably better off with nerf guns.

I have two nephews of my own 5 and 3. You would be surprised at the fun you can have with nerf and there's no chance of it being mistaken for a real firearm.

My humble 2 cents
localfreerider is offline   Reply With Quote