Thread: Got Pulled Over
View Single Post
Old July 26th, 2005, 10:48   #25
Dirty Deeds
 
Dirty Deeds's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Montreal
Send a message via MSN to Dirty Deeds Send a message via Yahoo to Dirty Deeds
Quote:
Originally Posted by redhawk_six
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Deeds
Quote:
Originally Posted by SF
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shugart
If your worried. Before the officer says anything, be very frank and tell him exactly what you have in the car.

The officer would probably appreciate that, rather than discovering it himself.
Are you serious?? Every lawyer will advise the opposite for a reason. You want a confession, do it on Sunday.
Keep your guns in the trunk. Police are not allowed to search your trunk, without your permission or a warrant (they'll never get a warrant). The most they can do is detain you untill a K9 unit shows up to sniff out the car (hopefully you don't smoke pot in your car).

Or they can find some bullshit charge to lay on you.

Therefore don't say shit untill they start a search. Which will start inside the car, then they'll ask, "May I look in the trunk, sir?". This is your cue to say, "Yes sir, however blah blah blah airsoft blah blah blah." Personally I would call it a BB gun.

Volenteer NOTHING.......just my 2 cents.
Actually, you're wrong. The police may search your vehicle without premission or a warrent if there is probably cause, in other words, evidence that something illegal is in your trunk.

This "volenteer nothing" crap will lead to nothing but trouble. If they ask, for example "do you have anything in the trunk?", tell them, BEFORE they ask to or start a search. Taking that stance just makes things worse, as, if you really haven't done anything wrong, why should you be so sealed lips about it?
Did I mention probable cause? YES. However if they pull you over for just a spot check and there is no probable cause. Then they have no right to search your car or trunk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Deeds
Keep your guns in the trunk.
This is much better than having what appears to be an assult rifle sitting on your back seat in plain view. You are asking for nothing but trouble doing this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Deeds
Or they can find some bullshit charge to lay on you.
AKA Probable cause.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Deeds
This is your cue to say, "Yes sir, however blah blah blah airsoft blah blah blah." Personally I would call it a BB gun.
In other words, comply with their demands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Deeds
Volenteer NOTHING
ONLY answer the questions asked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhawk_six
Actually, you're wrong. The police may search your vehicle without premission or a warrent if there is probably cause, in other words, evidence that something illegal is in your trunk.

This "volenteer nothing" crap will lead to nothing but trouble. If they ask, for example "do you have anything in the trunk?", tell them, BEFORE they ask to or start a search. Taking that stance just makes things worse, as, if you really haven't done anything wrong, why should you be so sealed lips about it?
Hopefully that was a little clearer? And "Actually" I was right. Next time I post I'll be somewhat more articulate.
__________________
Team Bad Karma(BK-09)
CAUTION: Evil Genius at Work

Those that wear the "Tin Foil Hat" stand on guard for thee. All others stand on guard for themselves.

Dirty Deeds is offline   Reply With Quote