View Single Post
Old December 3rd, 2012, 20:53   #25
Ricochet
Can I ask you a serious question? How much sand can you fit in your vagina?

It's been said that early man would've used long spears, brutally close together to take down large or even quick prey. I'm assuming everything from elephantidae, large felines, and bears.

The unit battle formation involving platoons of soldiers on an equal march carrying rows of spears, shields, or swords known as phalanx first appeared in Greece around the Bronze Age (at least first recorded). There are no records of these tactics being used during the siege of Troy; however the structure, and function was perfected by Alex. The phalanx systems used by Spartans, Romans, Athenians, and Corinthians were often accredited to him.

I was referring to the system he created, not the first usage of such a system, or a comparable system used by early man. I guess that's like comparing the first two men having a fist fight to the first time to studies of martial arts collided.

Anyways, I think we are on the same page. The samurai (for example), had certain codes they lived by. Things like their sword was their soul, their emporer was a living god, and that honor must exist in all things they do. They were such a prolific fighting force, that they are revered to this day. Their ethos, mantra, or code was the basis for much literature. However their fighting ideals couldn't last. Today you'll find enemy's goading their nemesis into a fight, using politics to shift the balance of truth, and then winning a battle without pulling a trigger. Always cheat, always win. The invention of the atomic bomb stands a symbol of modern brute force. If you can trick, disorient, or dominate your enemy, it is no longer considered dishonorable. Sportsmanship left Warfare long ago, and so did the tactics that flowed with such beliefs.
ďREALITY IS LIKE A STONE. TO MANY ITíS HARD AND COLD, THEY CANíT HUG IT OR EAT IT, IT ONLY FRUSTERATES THEM AND DOESNíT DO THEM MUCH GOOD. TO OTHERS ITíS STRONG AND DEPENDABLE, YOU CAN BUILD WITH IT, BUILD UPON IT, OR WORK WITH IT, ALSO USE IT TO SMASH PEOPLE IN THE FACE.Ē
Ricochet is offline   Reply With Quote