View Single Post
Old November 21st, 2012, 14:56   #30
I've considered a dump pouch, but I have a really slender frame and don't have much available real-estate to put pouches.

Originally Posted by DietCoke= View Post
Thanks for the all the replies guys. kalnaren is that a g36 modified to an sl8? If so did you use a kit to do so and how difficult was the work?
I went on to evike and am thinking of getting this set of gear. It fits within my budget and apparently the triple Ak pouches and fit two g36s if you remove the middle divider. What do you guys think of this setup for a beginner?
1 x ARES / UFC 140 Round Mid-cap Magazine For G36 / MK36 Series Airsoft AEG (Box Set of 5) $50.00
1 x Condor Gen.4 Tactical MOLLE OPS Chest Rig - Black $25.95
1 x Condor MOLLE Triple AR / AK Magazine Pouch - Black $19.00
That one is actually an ARES SL8, purpose built. I have a STAR SL9 conversion kit kicking around I used to have on my CA G36. It's involved to do the conversion, I wouldn't try it if you don't know your way around the G36. It's not hard per se but quite possible to miss something important. I'm probably going to put it on a G36C eventually.

(STAR conversion kit on my Classic Army G36 with M4 magwell conversion. Never did get it to feed properly)

Also, DO NOT ORDER ANYTHING FROM EVIKE if you're in Canada. Ever. They screw international customers HARD.

"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."

Last edited by kalnaren; November 21st, 2012 at 15:02..
kalnaren is offline   Reply With Quote