View Single Post
Old October 23rd, 2012, 21:51   #55
And if anybody does have any questions about the Soviet side of things, I'd be more than happy to help!

I picked up a new toy today, an era correct Soviet made IMP-1 Mine Detector:

Each side has a deuce-and-a-half (2.5 Ton US Army Transport Truck) (or more) full of toys that you would NEVER see at a normal game. When was the last time you were at an airsoft game that had you searching for landmines? I bet I get more "hands up" than when I ask: When was the last time you were at an airsoft game and got to ride in a BTR-40 troop transport?

We can't justify the cost of the gear, the travel time (and associated costs), or the time spent away from home/school/family/etc. But we can safely say that you have never done anything like this, and never will, unless you decide to attend again the year after!

If you get bored, use Google maps to get a rough estimate on the drive time from New Jersey, USA to Oklahoma, USA. I average 21-23 hours, including stops every 350-400 miles for fuel (which costs $100 USD each fill... 3 fills to and from Oklahoma...) and quite frankly, I plan on doing this again and again each and every year. Every person, of course, has their limits. Some people just don't enjoy being cooped up in a vehicle for that long, or can't get off work, etc. As they say, where there's a will, there's a way.

I've done this twice, and have paid in full to do this again a 3rd time March 2013, and I look forward to making more new Canadian friends than anyone else IN THE ENTIRE STATE OF NEW JERSEY!

More pics and details of that IMP-1, if anybody is interested:
ГСВГ, 8 ОА, 27 МСД, 5 ОРБ, 7 РР, Mладший Лейтенант Куперов

The Longest Airsoft Operation in the US: 9 Days
Proudly entering it's 6th year running!
"Not because it is easy..."

Like & Follow Operation: East Wind on Facebook
Kuperov is offline   Reply With Quote