View Single Post
Old October 19th, 2012, 18:34   #38
Nato is quite similar but I think the gear is better quality, easier to get and less expensive. The West German is probably a little higher in price but I bet you could go with the US for under $500 and pick up everything at one surplus store.

Here is all of my gear, it should be complete. Starting with
Sleeping gear

Cot, Self inflating mattress for cot, Folding Mattress for patrol, Sleeping bag (2 part with extreme winter and summer liners, comp bag), Half Shelter with poles, Half shelter ground sheet

Patrol Gear

8 mags, G36E, Webbing, 65 litre pack, 2 pairs of boots, Shovel, Beret, 2 pairs sealed goggles

Miscellaneous Gear

Cup, mess kit, two canteens, toiletries, ammo, DAB, camo paint w/ mirror, boot polish and brush, Esbit, matches, extra fuel, dead rags, dog tags, water tablets, Fogtech, watch, pocket knife, KFS, paracord, orders, blousing cords, Deutschmarks, gun repair kit.

Comms and Navigation

Sem 35, Sem 52, extra batteries, rite in rain pad, compass, waterproofed maps, light.

Gortex suit, 3 uniforms, 2 long underwear with tops, patrol cap, poncho liner, poncho, mesh scarf, carry bags, dry bag, mesh bag, solid scarf, flak vest, 8 tee shirts, 8 underwear, 10 socks, helmet with junk on it, gaiters, gloves, parka with liner, belt and winter camo.
Learn this well fellows. Over the years we have seen as many missions blown by shoddy land nav as we have seen disrupted by enemy action. You can be the baddest kung fu ninja assault swat sniper commandos in the world and still fail if you can't get to the fight.
Cammer is offline   Reply With Quote