Thread: Dboy AEG's?
View Single Post
Old October 15th, 2012, 21:47   #8
Originally Posted by MaciekA View Post
VFC and King Arms are safe bets if you're just starting off. King Arms M4s are pretty good.

G&P makes sexy guns but as others have mentioned and will continue to mention, they often have a lot of troublesome issues such as catastrophic gear failures in the first game or two, or fitment issues with mags, or piston failures. I would ONLY seriously consider G&P if you have free access to a gun doctor (i.e. a GOOD gun doctor who is on your team already) or are up for a challenge and willing to learn how to replace gears and other parts.

You will see a lot of experienced guys running everything from G&P to CYMA but there are often subtle considerations involved that aren't obvious to the beginner -- mostly to do with reliability and mostly leading to mechanical or electrical upgrades/improvements -- that are to be considered to make those guns into "workhorse" guns.

Hope that helps
Alright, I'll look into those brands then. I dont mind working on my own guns, I did it when I used to play Milsim paintball, and I do it with my real firearms. But I would be worried about all the money it would cost just to replace the parts haha.
One last question, can you recommend a good online retailer?
I prefer to go in store, but transportation can be an issue from time to time. Wouldn't want to take a bus with anything even pertaining to a weapon.
I appreciate the help!
Wolf427 is offline   Reply With Quote