View Single Post
Old October 11th, 2012, 15:54   #7
Thanks for the quick replies. Its great to get decent replies other than my know-it-all friend saying "DUN BUY A SHNIPER GET AN AEG" and then directing me to some 250 FPS plastic gun.

I honestly think you guys are right (of course you're right) and will probably look into a DMR role first.

Originally Posted by L473ncy View Post
I highly recommend the King Arms M4 as a starter but I understand that it may not be everyone's cup of tea (if so and you like AK's more then the CYMA or Echo1 AK's aren't too bad).
Would one like this be good? This is from my local army surplus store but I'd have to call them because their prices vary, and the guns they have in the store aren't always listed online.

Or perhaps this?

Originally Posted by L473ncy View Post
One other thing I'd recommend is getting a .177 cal air rifle and practise your shooting techniques and try to get as small groupings as possible at say 30 feet. It's harder than it looks and not only that but an airsoft gun isn't going to get anywhere near the same accuracy as a pellet rifle like that.
My dad actually bought one a while ago, but the only drawback is that you need to place a pellet in after each shot. I'll look into it.

Also, how much would I need to upgrade something like an AEG in order to get the range I'd like for a DMR?
-Rooster is offline   Reply With Quote